faceblog

Author of UFO Designs and The Extraterrestrial Data Collection Center Lives in Tenterfield, New South Wales, Australia. Click to view my Alien, Angelic and paranormal encounters.Edit Profile
      Subscribe via:    RSS Posts,  Post comments,  or email
Post to: anywhere or anyone  



Multitabbed widget removed but Light Box problem now arisen

In an unfortunate decision I have removed the multi-tabbed widget from the right side column because the Light Box Image Viewer code interferes with that widget and prevents it from functioning. I had to decide which feature I wanted the most, although I would prefer to have both. But I can't, not at this point in time anyway. Well, not until I become more familiar with both lots of code and become more experienced with them both.

So, I am keeping the Light Box Image Viewer feature on this blog / template. I have checked out this blog in Google Chrome, and to my horror the image of myself in my previous post will not close when clicked on. I had to go back a page to close the Light Box Image Viewer down. So, it looks like the problem here is, the size of the image in the Image Viewer determines whether the close function will work or not. The other two images, from the previous post, had no problems with closing in Google Chrome, which is a good sign. I only need to set a maximum width and height for all photos/images in the Image Viewer and it should work perfectly again. I did not have this problem with Firefox at all.

When doing things like adding new features to any of my blogs' templates, I spend more time trying to get it to work on all 3 web browsers (Internet Explorer 7, Google Chrome, and Firefox) than anything else. It is so time consuming but it is worth it in the end. And depending upon the nature of the problem it could take me an hour or several days to fix the problem. As I've said elsewhere, I am not a computer geek, and not very educated with HTML, javascript, or css codes. But I know enough to make things work on Blogger and I can usually solve most problems that arise.

As I have labelled my own career - if I had to pick one - I'm a Blogger template designer. It is my speciality, so it seems. I spend probably too much time creating new templates, and it isn't an easy thing to do really. I especially love making UFO templates, and already have made 4 different looking ones, and anyone can download them for free and use them on their own blog/s. Its funny but people have decided to download my templates but whether they have used them or not on their own blog is another story. No-one has said anything to me about having used them on their own blog/s. I guess I will never know really.

Anyway, I'm hoping to sort out this problem with the larger images in Google Chrome in the next 24 hours. It shouldn't take that long really.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
     The Original faceblog © 2011 · designed by UFO designs by Shirley E. Hardy          About · Advertising · Create a Page · Careers · Privacy · Terms · Faceblog Help · Back to Top